Views: 1 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-11-17 Origin: Site
The ultimate purpose of quenching of injection mold core and parts is to increase its hardness and corrosion resistance. It is also important to pay attention to what situation the injection mold needs to be quenched. Not all molds need to be quenched, and the problem of uneven quenching caused by mass effect is often encountered in the process of quenching. The following small series will be for injection mold core and parts quenching key points to do a detailed analysis.
Under what circumstances do injection mold cores and parts need quenching?
1. For the molds with large injection molding output, the core and parts can increase the service life of the injection mold and reduce the maintenance cost of the mold after hardening.
2. Injection molding materials with corrosive mold, core and parts hardening can effectively reduce the molding plastic corrosion of the mold.
3. Injection moulds with high lighting or high appearance requirements are required for injection moulds, because if the hardness of injection moulds is not up to the requirements, the polished finish will not meet the requirements.
How to solve the problem of uneven quenching of injection mold core and parts?
1. When designing the injection mold, try to maximize the surface area of the injection mold core and parts, and reduce the thickness of the steel plate, which is conducive to the rapid cooling of the mold.
2. When designing injection mold parts, parts can be divided into multiple parts to reduce the thickness of meat.
3. Constant temperature furnace can be used when quenching, so that the internal steel of injection mold becomes completely uniform temperature before quenching.
The quenching treatment of injection mold steel refers to the rapid cooling of carbon steel in the temperature range above the unique transition temperature, so as to obtain a very hard and strong martensite structure. Uneven quenching due to mass effects may lead to strain or breakage, so we must try to minimize this effect. The mission of Fanstar is to master the core technology of injection molding production, communicate and analyze the technology before mold production with customers from the production needs of finished products, so that the mold delivery time is short, the service life is long, the rapid mass production and the finished product quality is excellent! Have the need of injection mold welcome to contact us!