Views: 1 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-11-01 Origin: Site
The selection of molding materials for injection mold products always starts from the application of products, and needs to consider the utility, efficiency and cost of injection molding products. There is a good way to think backwards, such as what injection molded products are used for, what kind of pressure they need to withstand. The following Fanstar on this issue made the following summary, hope to help you!
Key points to consider when selecting materials for injection molding products
In general, the material selection of injection molding products needs to consider the following points: 01. Where are the main applications of injection molding products? 02. Whether injection molding products need high temperature resistance; 03. How many years should the injection molded products be used? 04. What is the cost budget for injection molding products? 05. Whether there are appearance requirements for injection molded products; 06. Whether injection molded products should meet special functions.
Commonly used injection molding materials and applications
1. Polystyrene (PS) is easy to form processing, excellent electrical properties and good coloring performance, widely used in product packaging, household electrical products, etc., the biggest disadvantage is brittleness;
2. Polypropylene (PP) has good fluidity, excellent molding performance and excellent heat resistance. It can be boiled and sterilized at 100 degrees Celsius, and is widely used in the automobile industry, instruments, consumer goods, etc.;
3. Nylon (PA) is widely used in structural parts due to its good mechanical strength and stiffness. Because of its good wear resistance, it is also used to manufacture bearings.
4.ABS (acrylonitrile - butadiene - styrene copolymer) has the common performance of three components, A makes it resistant to chemical corrosion, heat resistance, and has a certain surface hardness, B makes it has high elasticity and toughness, S makes it has thermoplastic processing and molding characteristics and improve electrical properties. ABS plastics in machinery, electrical, textile, automobile, aircraft, ships and other manufacturing industry and chemical industry has been widely used.
Precision injection molding material selection points
1. If the material with low viscosity is selected, the viscosity of the melt is low, so the resistance of the whole gating system has relatively little influence;
2. The molding material should have good thermal stability. The plastic melt stays in the hot runner for a long time or is easy to be degraded by the screw shear;
3. Precision injection molding can select some general engineering plastics with low viscosity and good thermal stability in the early design of injection molding products.
Each kind of forming material has its advantages and disadvantages, we must choose the material according to the actual situation of the specific problem specific analysis, from many aspects of comprehensive consideration. The MISSION OF FSTAD IS TO MASTER THE CORE TECHNOLOGY OF injection MOLDING production, communicate and analyze the technology before mold production with customers from the production needs of finished products, so that the mold delivery time is short, the life is long, the rapid mass production and the finished product quality is excellent! There is a need for injection mold open injection molding welcome to contact us!