Views: 1 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2023-03-09 Origin: Site
How to choose materials for two - color injection mold? The main need from corrosion resistance, cold and heat fatigue resistance, high temperature resistance, fatigue fracture, strength, toughness and wear resistance of these six aspects to consider. For example, the higher the hardness of two-color injection mold parts, the smaller the wear, the better the wear resistance. In addition, wear resistance is also related to the type, amount, form, size and distribution of carbides in the material.
1. Some two-color injection moulds, such as plastic moulds, when working, because the plastic contains chlorine, fluorine and other elements, after heating, decomposition analysis of HCI, HF and other strong corrosive gases erode the surface of the two-color mold cavity, increasing the surface roughness, exacerbating the wear failure. Therefore, two - color mold processing must choose excellent corrosion resistance materials.
2. Some two-color injection molds are in the state of repeated heating and cooling in the working process, pulling the surface of the cavity, resulting in surface cracking and spalling, increasing friction, hindering plastic deformation, reducing dimensional accuracy, and leading to the failure of two-color molds. Cold and heat fatigue is one of the main failure forms of hot die, which should have high resistance to cold and heat fatigue.
3. When the working temperature of the two-color injection mold is high, the hardness and strength decrease, resulting in early wear or plastic deformation failure of the mold. Therefore, the two-color mold material should have higher tempering resistance stability to ensure that the two-color mold has higher hardness and strength at working temperature.
4. In the working process of two-color injection mold, under the long-term action of cyclic stress, fatigue fracture is often caused. Its forms include low energy repeated impact fatigue fracture, tensile fatigue fracture, contact fatigue fracture and bending fatigue fracture. The fatigue fracture performance of the two-color die mainly depends on its strength, toughness, hardness and the content of inclusions in the material.
5. Most of the working conditions of the two-color injection mold are very poor, and some often bear large impact load, leading to brittle fracture. In order to prevent the parts of the two-color mold from breaking suddenly in the process of working, the two-color mold should have high strength and toughness. The toughness of the two-color mold mainly depends on the carbon content, particle size and microstructure of the material.
6. When the billet deforms in the mold cavity, it flows and slides along the surface of the mold cavity, resulting in intense friction between the surface of the mold cavity and the billet, resulting in the failure of the two-color mold due to wear. Therefore, the wear resistance of the two-color die material is one of the most basic and important properties of the die.
The mission of Fanstar is to master the core technology of injection molding production, communicate and analyze the technology before mold production with customers from the production needs of finished products, so that the mold delivery time is short, the life is long, the mass production is fast and the finished product quality is excellent! Have the need of injection molding mold welcome to contact us!