Views: 1 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2023-08-11 Origin: Site
In the injection molding industry, 2D placement of injection molds is a key step, which directly affects the quality and performance of molds. This article will detail the steps and precautions for 2D placement of injection molds to help you better master this skill.
First, the ranking steps
1. Determine the mold layout. Before 2D placement, it is necessary to determine the layout of the mold, including the position of the gate, the arrangement of the cavity, etc. This helps ensure mold stability and accuracy.
2. Calculate the size of each part of the mold. According to the size and requirements of plastic products, the size of each part of the mold is calculated. This includes concave dies, punch dies, positioning parts, etc.
3. Rank according to the calculation result. According to the calculated size of each part of the mold, it is arranged in 2D software. Take care to ensure the relative position and dimensional accuracy between the parts.
4. Perform simulated fill analysis. After the placement is complete, a simulation filling analysis is needed to check the filling effect of the mold and whether there are defects. If there is a problem, it needs to be modified and adjusted in time.
5. Heat treatment and stress relief. After the placement and simulated filling analysis is completed, heat treatment is required to remove stress and improve the stability and life of the mold.
6. Check mold quality. After the heat treatment is completed, carefully check the quality of the mold, including size, position, etc., whether it meets the requirements. If there is a problem, it needs to be modified and adjusted in time.
1. Consider the material of the mold and the coefficient of thermal expansion and contraction. The coefficient of thermal expansion and contraction of different materials may be different, so this factor should be taken into account when placing to ensure the accuracy of the mold during use.
2. Heat treatment to remove stress. The mold may cause stress during long-term use, resulting in deformation or rupture. Therefore, heat treatment after placement is very necessary.
3. Control heat treatment temperature and time. During heat treatment, it is necessary to control the temperature and time to avoid overheating or undercooling resulting in mold deformation. It is recommended to choose the appropriate heat treatment temperature and time according to different materials.
4. Check mold quality carefully. After the heat treatment is completed, be sure to carefully check the quality of the mold, including size, position, etc. If there is a problem, it needs to be modified and adjusted in time to ensure the stability and accuracy of the mold.
5. Consider the processing technology of the mold. When placing, it is necessary to consider the processing technology, such as the accessibility of the tool, processing residual stress and other factors to ensure that the mold can be successfully processed.
6. Pay attention to the maintainability of the mold. When placing, the maintainability of the mold should be considered, such as convenient replacement of wearing parts and easy maintenance. This can reduce the difficulty and cost of mold maintenance.
In 2D placement, to ensure the stability and accuracy of the mold, pay attention to the material and thermal expansion and contraction coefficient, heat treatment to eliminate stress, control heat treatment temperature and time, and carefully check the quality of the mold and other factors. In addition, it is also necessary to consider the processing and maintainability of the mold. Mastering these knowledge and skills will help you improve your injection mold manufacturing.